Saturday, June 2, 2012

Two Months


You would be two months old today, sweet boy.



Wishing we could snuggle with you and watch you grow...instead we will be visiting your grave.  Though we are missing you so very much, we are also very thankful for God's peace.  Like in this poem, the beauty we see around us does remind us that you are more alive than we can imagine...and yet, we still miss you.

"Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft star-shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die."
--by Mary Elizabeth Frye
 
 

 



4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you! It will be 4 months for me in a few weeks. Isaiah is precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I will be thinking of you, too. <3

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful Becky! We continue to pray for you and Matt and the kids. I am so glad you continue to share your story here; what a powerful witness and blessing it is to many others as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, M - your words and prayers are encouraging to us.

      Delete